Area Manager- Doncaster
At Amazon we believe that everyday is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
We are looking to hire Area Manager to join the team and play a critical role in our Fulfillment Center in Doncaster.
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for one of our main departments in the distribution center - receive, stow, pick or pack. You and your team ensure that the workflow runs smoothly so that all customer wishes are met. Simultaneously you concentrate on the realization of our most important goals: safety, quality, productivity, inventory accuracy and the constant improvement of our processes. You will be required to lead, train and motivate the logistics team of 80 to 120 employees in your business unit whilst working to a number of KPIs and targets, always actively looking at ways in which to improve the warehouse operation. Although this is a supervisory position, it is still very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to be involved in the day-to-day operation of the distribution center.
· You lead and manage a large team of associates in a specified department within a very fast-paced and demanding environment.
· You are continuously proactive and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
· You maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
· You are a Subject Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the FC, ensuring in line with Standard Work that best practice is shared with other distribution centers within the network.
· You participate in continuous improvement activities using methodologies such as Kaizen and 5s.
· You establish collaborative relationships with individuals from other functions.
· You lead cross-functional teams tasked with solving operational problems.
· You are a strong team player and you have previous management experience, managing sizable teams.
· You demonstrate problem solving and analytical capabilities and are able to drive and conduct Dive Deep analysis on complex processes.
· You have the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You are decisive, able to quickly decide in a fast paced environment.
· You are a great motivator.
· You are able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
· You have a degree in logistics, business administration or in another field.
· Previous work experience in a distribution center or warehouse is nice to have
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: We Pioneer.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application . Please submit your online application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.