Come join one of the world’s most customer centric companies, we are experiencing growth not only in the number of products & categories we can offer but we are also reaching more customers every day and providing a unique online shopping experience.
At Amazon, our continuing growth means that when we say we’re going places, we really mean it. Driven by the need to meet customers demand and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we’re growing our business right across Europe and expanding our teams in our high technology Fulfillment Centers across Europe.
The Controls System Engineer will ensure that Safety comes first in all engineering efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, designing, installing and commissioning controls solutions for automated material handling systems. This position will also provide proper training to the Maintenance Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful CSS:
· Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
· Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
· Ensure that all proposed changes are documented and controlled using the established change management process.
· Capable of following, understanding and developing improvement strategies within PLC ladder code.
· Experienced and familiar with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC controlled automation in a continuous process or production environment.
· Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
· Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Engineering team.
· Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
· Undertake industrial engineering design and improvement projects on existing material handling modules.
· Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets
· Support commissioning of new automation elements
· Actively participate in local or network level controls projects and initiatives
· Provide value engineering/ value analysis
· Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
· Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
· Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards
· Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
· Apprentice trained multi-skilled background
· Control systems experience in PLC based systems
· Microsoft Office, SolidWorks or Visio or AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schematic.
· Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
· Strong analytical skills
· A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
· Ability to operate in an open organizational structure
· Self-motivated and customer-centric
· Knowledge of Six Sigma, analytical and process improvement techniques
· Fluent in English to an advanced level
· An electrical or mechanical training degree or BS/BEng degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
· Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language desirable (especially French or German, Polish and Spanish)