Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Manager M/F
Job ID: 435279 | Amazon Italia Logistica S.R.L.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment centre
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Role: ICQA Manager
As an ICQA Manager you will join our teams for Inventory Control & Quality Assurance. They are passionate about ensuring that in our sites we follow and improve on the processes that deliver amazing service to our customers.
Within a fast-paced and complex business environment, your will represent the voice of customer and make sure that we deliver the best quality. You will tackle two functions: Inventory Control (IC), which carries out analysis/research to understand and correct any variances in our inventory, and Quality Assurance (QA), which audits how well we are sticking to agreed processes and highlights any discrepancies.
Besides your daily activities, you will be involved in projects as well as having the opportunity to attend training session and workshops to enhance your skills and consolidate network with your peers and senior management.
You will oversee the quality of the service we deliver and verify compliance to our high standards. The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
• Monitor KPIs in regards of Quality and Inventory transaction integrity accuracy (e.g. stock accuracy and shipment accuracy) on site and provide feedback to operations.
• Review and analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
• Develop and execute daily, weekly and monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service.
• Partner with the management line in the communication of policies and procedures surrounding Inventory Control & Quality Assurance and follow up to ensure compliance and consistency.
• Manage a site based Inventory Control/Quality Assurance team.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, to include: interviewing and training exempt & non-exempt employees; full accountability for setting and meeting operational goals; planning and forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
• Understand the system and processes within the site and provide expertise to problem solving.
Required qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate will have:
• Solid background in problem solving, very strong analytical skills and proven ability to tackle a variety of operational challenges in a timely fashion.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence team behaviors (including people management processes).
• A passion about insisting on high standards and a customer-centric mindset.
• Strong commitment to employee development.
• Good technical skills – IT skills, warehouse management system.
• High dependability – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including holidays) and commit the time required to get the job done.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma and familiarity with WMS systems will be beneficial.
• Background in operation environment would be an asset.
• Degree in a Science or Logistics based discipline, with a strong analytical, maths, data analysis bias would be advantageous.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.