We are Amazon. We pioneer.
That’s how Jeff Bezos, our CEO, and all our team members see their time here: we treat each day just like it’s day one. We also get to learn new skills, try out new ways of working, and be proud of our progress.
And that’s not all.
With each successive quarter, as we continue to grow, we push ourselves to keep working as smart as we can. That’s why we’re seeking an Operations Procurement Manager to strengthen our strategic sourcing efforts. This individual will also oversee beneficial procurement agreements with all of our suppliers.
You’ll work in our Fulfillment & Operations department, at the heart of which you’ll find our Fulfillment Centers (FCs). These state of the art facilities sit at the core of the entire business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory, fulfill hundreds of thousands of orders each day, and exceed customer expectations. Given their size and scale, they’re also where we need sharp minds managing Amazon’s purse strings and supply chain.
Your high-level mission:
· Internal team advisory, focused on Commercial Carrier supply: you’ll be driving cost reduction and improved overall services, for greater efficiencies and economies of scale,
· Aggressively advocate the value of smart procurement, to create alignment with and buy-in from your internal stakeholders,
· Own the analysis of spending patterns, to help you identify a range of savings opportunities; you’ll become a subject matter expert for the supplier verticals you own,
· Ensure priorities are handled effectively, by modifying plans and actions in your area of accountability,
· Manage projects against plans and objectives, always ensuring commitments are met.
· Lead sourcing engagements, as well as sourcing teams, as you identify new opportunities and RFXs, where appropriate,
· You’ll analyse and determine opportunities to leverage and consolidate the supply base, using smart analytical tools and techniques,
· Analyse industry trends and evolving technology, ideally for the following purposes:
· To help you identify ways to reduce supplier-related costs,
· To aid in minimising risk,
· To safeguard continuity of supply,
· Exploit emerging supplier opportunities that could benefit Amazon,
· Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives, while maintaining sustainable, healthy relationships with suppliers,
· Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning, using industry cost models,
· Ensure system activation of best possible supply base, by drawing up a list of all parties, analysing the wider industry and identifying most competitively positioned partners,
· Implement supplier agreements/contracts, by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers as you reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
Your basic qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree,
· Five or more years of relevant strategic sourcing experience,
· High motivation to learn, develop and perform in a fast-paced environment,
· A passionate self-starter, you’re able to thrive in an ambiguous environment,
· You possess a laser-like attention-to-detail, alongside proven ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously,
· Familiarity with procurement systems and financial applications, e.g. Oracle and SAP,
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, alongside willingness to learn proprietary systems,
· Experience with metrics creation and data presentation.
· Hands-on experience of strategic sourcing methodologies and/or category management processes,
· Proven track record of cultivating strong relationships with suppliers and service provider stakeholders, which have subsequently resulted in high levels of customer satisfaction,
· Experience managing suppliers and service providers, you’re also closely familiar with the supply chain and services marketplace in general,
· You possess the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills,
· Significant previous experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics/Ecommerce is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.