Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment centre
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Role: Procurement Manager
The Procurement team ensures that Amazon gets value for money for non-inventory goods and services to provide the Fulfilment Centres with everything they need to operate smoothly. As a Procurement Manager you will scrutinise the needs of your site and equip it to improve its productivity and sustain growth. You will be a good listener to understand the demands of your internal customers, along with financial savvy to negotiate the best deals with external providers.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
You will keep your site supplied with everything it needs to operate effectively. The extent of your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the Facilities team on site.
• Delivers procurement operational effectiveness within site by providing the required goods and services on hand at the best available prices and terms.
• Engage and facilitate procurement for multiple functions within Amazon: Operations, Facilities, Engineering, HR, Health & Safety, Transportation and IT.
• Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better procure goods and services for the site.
• Manage cost reduction efforts for goods and services for the site.
• Develop relationships with primary internal customers (on-site management teams), external suppliers and other Amazon teams (Operations and Corporate).
• Continuously measures and evaluates all suppliers.
• Manage the overall Procure to pay process on site and identify areas of continuous improvement.
• Manage and implement both operational and strategic large scale contracts with suppliers in line with company policies and procedures, whilst educating the business on these areas.
• Be responsible for delivering site metrics and savings, in line with set targets.
• Manage a Procurement and non-inventory Stores team.
Required qualifications and skills:
• Strong indirect category experience in Procurement, ideally within a large scale, fast paced Retail Distribution, Production or Manufacturing environment, ideally with experience in Procurement function management as a stand-alone or functional manager for materials and services.
• Analytical, data driven approach with an attention to detail.
• ERP and MRP systems with a preference for Oracle Financials experience.
• Computer literate – advanced knowledge of software programs (i.e. MS Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word).
• Proven ability to influence and negotiate with external suppliers.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) at all levels.
• Aptitude for problem solving.
• Bias for action and result-driven mindset. • Reliability in processing tasks and ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
• MBA or CIPS qualification would be advantageous.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build