Title: Maintenance Manager m/f
Location: Tilbury plus travel and training across other UK sites including: Guorock, Dunfermline, Manchester, Doncaster, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Rugeley and Coalville.
Posting date: 2 March 2017
Closing date: 29 March 2017
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To lead the site Engineering and Facilities Teams in providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the site;
· To promote health and safety awareness with all Amazon Associates and contractors. Ensure compliance with all Amazon polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
· To ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
· Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager and being capable of acting as proxy
· To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; react in a timely manner to Trouble Tickets (TT).
· To maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies and reduce costs through Kaizens and other initiatives.
· To liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate Amazon safety, technical and contractual issues and standards
· To ensure adequate resources, equipment and people, are in place to meet operational needs; including scheduling of shift patterns for the team and purchasing equipment so that spare levels are met and maintained.
· Create and manage Engineering and Facilities budgets for the site, both capital (CAPEX) and operational (OPEX).
· Produce weekly reports covering metrics and performance of the site and team.
· Line management of Engineering & Facilities staff
· Recruit, train and develop the Engineering and Facilities Technicians and Apprentices.
· Degree or NVQ4 in a relevant Engineering discipline or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship.
· Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
· Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
· Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings; familiar with AutoCAD.
· Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
· Superior communications skills at all levels. Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
· Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
· Excellent customer facing skills / customer focus.
· Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· In depth engineering knowledge and willingness to train and learn new skills.
· Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Experience in troubleshooting installation, fault finding, and repairs.
· Black Belt certification and experience in Six sigma and Kaizen
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD)
· Significant experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced, automated, industrial, logistics, production or manufacturing environment
· Qualified Engineer – Degree in Engineering
· Chartered Engineer status (or working towards).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.