Woot is looking for a highly organized and enthusiastic Technical Program Manager (TPM) who can work with developers, managers, internal stakeholders, customers, and monkeys to deliver projects on time with great quality. You will work with the Woot Services team on order processing, order fulfillment, accounting, and customer service systems.
Woot.com is the snarkiest daily deal website between Lake Washington and the Space Needle. We pioneered the deal-a-day model that many lesser beings failed to capture, and still offer the world a customer-centric environment of fun that mixes cleverly curated write-ups with frank, unfiltered community feedback.
· Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
· Work closely with the software development and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products
· Ensure the most efficient use of resources and technologies.
· Work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+years experience managing complex technology projects
· Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
· Experience developing Internet products and technologies
- Master's degree
- Experience building large customer facing websites and/or mobile applications
- Ability to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs vs. technical constraints
· Proven problem solving skills, track record of dealing with large complex problems
· Quantitative analytical abilities
· Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders including project sponsors, other technical program managers, and multiple software development teams
· Tracking and mitigating risks on large scale projects
· Previous work experience as a software developer (experience running teams using Agile Development methods strongly preferred)
· Ability to enable effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability drive creative and innovation solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality.
· Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results