We're a company of pioneers who work with the latest Technology. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
We are seeking a pioneer to help build and develop a world class support infrastructure for our global teams. Does providing creative support for complex technology problems motivate you? Amazon is looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Support Engineer to use best in class technical expertise in Linux, Networking for reviewing IT processes to improve the support provided by our IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team.
This team is supporting thousands of Amazon employees worldwide. If you’re interested in a challenging position with a great fast growing company, the Sr. Systems Support Engineer position at Amazon is what you are looking for.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or relevant work experience.
· Deep knowledge in Linux and Networking
· Greater than 4 years of distributed system administration experience.
· Greater than 1 year of development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java.
· CCNA, CCNP, RHCE certification or similar
· Experience in developing systems automation in Linux and large network environments
· Willingness to grow in a fast growing environment!
· Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or PHD
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP and OSI model.
· Wireless design experience
· Systems administration or development experience in Linux/Unix environment.
· A solid understanding of the Linux boot process, file systems and deep level problem diagnosis.
· Experience maintaining open source packages and/or working with the open source community.
· Experience packaging software with Red Hat Package Manager or Debian.
· Experience developing and maintaining large scale global Linux implementations with thousands of systems.
· Command line experience with Cisco or similar Technology (CCNP or similar)
· Proficient with Python, Perl, C, C++, or Java.