Process Engineer (m/f)
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
This position supports, coordinates and facilitates structured process improvement activities and helps implement new processes. This role reports to the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager and works closely with the EU teams as well as all levels of management within the Fulfillment Center (FC).
· Help drive the implementation of Lean Standard Work. Create a common understanding of the Lean Standard Work principles. Support and manage the FC implementation Agenda. Contribute to and facilitate Kaizen activities. Train and support all levels and act as multiplier on lean, standard work and Kaizen/PDCA methods.
· Coordinate and prioritize resources: Own the facilitation of the local LSC (Leadership Steering Committee) to agree, prioritize, plan, coordinate and follow up on all process improvement activities. Ensure focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost. Manage the FC improvement plan.
· Standardize processes: Actively share best practices and ensure ongoing communication with EU Process Owners to avoid duplicate efforts.
· Act as Liaison between FC and EU: Help drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence. Build and maintain close relationship with EU Process Owners and FC Process Engineers across Europe.
· Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking.
· Highly motivated, customer-obsessed, flexible to deal with constantly changing demands to drive improvements on behalf of Amazon customers in a fast-paced production environment.
· Experience in an Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics role.
· Project Portfolio Management experience. Demonstrate a strong track record of team leadership within a large-scale, rapid and process-driven environment
· Very strong analytical skill capability, being able to translate operational issues into workable solutions. Able to dive deep whilst seeing the big picture.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Active networker. Shop-floor affinity.
· Working proficiency in German and English.
· Degree qualified
· In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage to solve problems and optimize processes.
· Wide range of method skills and practical experience, especially on continuous improvement and change management.
· Didactic skills and experience.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies