Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Regional IT Manager (m/f)
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site, remote and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As the Regional IT Manager (m/f) you will lead the centralised asset deployment team based at one of our Fulfilment Centres, in a 24x7 production environment. You will also be responsible for delivery of IT asset deployment, configuration and RMA across Europe. Alongside preparing and delivering IT equipment for large project initiatives to a diverse customer base, you will be involved in implementing new processes and methods and continuously improving on existing processes.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a global team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
You will oversee the IT inventory for our EU Fulfilment Centres and provide services to a wide customer base. The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
· The coordination of trouble tickets and change management to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Managing projects to support technical task execution and full ownership to ensure reporting and customer satisfaction.
· The development, ownership and management of the IT budget through its full life-cycle.
· Ensuring that the IT team is focused on their customers and delivers an outstanding level of service.
· The development of staff in both soft and technical IT skills.
· Staff and team scheduling.
· The management and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· The management of continuous improvement and driving towards operational excellence.
· Inventory and procurement management of IT equipment and services.
· The representation of the site and IT Team in local, regional and global meetings.
· Ability to travel up to 30%
The successful candidate will have:
· Bacherlor’s degree, preferably in an IT, engineering or logistics discipline
· Management experience in an operational support / production environment as IT / ICT Manager or IT Service Delivery Manager.
· People management skills including experience in developing and leading a team.
· Background in IT infrastructure management.
· Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Project management experience and the ability to balance competing priorities between multiple projects as well as operational support.
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability required.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where travel is required.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· An understanding of core internet technologies - DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems.
· CISCO / networking experience and certifications.
· Certifications in Unix/Linux System Support and/or Microsoft Windows System Support.
· Lean Six Sigma experience and qualifications.
· Experience managing, tracking and reporting on high volumes of IT asset moves.
· Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience.
· ITIL and Prince2 certifications.
· Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
· Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as IT lifecycle.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement global IT changes.
· Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a proven willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· Experience of working with a distributed team of peers, delivering both locally and across the wider team.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application. Please apply online and upload your CV (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.