Do you have a Bias for Action?
Would you rather work for the disrupter, or the disrupted?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
We’re glad to hear it.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 organization that relies on Amazon’s security systems and World Wide Loss Prevention Programs, especially in the fast-paced environments of our Fulfillment Centers (FCs).
These FCs are at the heart of our rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage a vast range of our fast-moving inventory. Our FC teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
You’ll join an FC as a member of the senior management team, where you’ll manage, coordinate and implement all aspects of our loss prevention strategy.
The main areas of focus for you will include:
● Loss exposure and loss controls analysis,
● Loss investigation, and when necessary, theft investigation,
● Physical security systems and controls,
● Contracting guard services,
● Loss prevention education and awareness,
● Thorough loss prevention audit programs.
Therefore, you’ll understand the critical importance you will play in your FC’s Loss Prevention Program. Alongside the above points, you will manage and drive your FC’s process of compliance with all corporate loss prevention standards:
● Effectively partner with operations and support functions, in evaluating current and future business processes and initiatives,
● You’ll identify, develop and implement additional loss prevention strategies to meet the unique needs of your assigned FC,
● Function as part of a team of Loss Prevention Managers: together you’ll proactively pursue improvements to company-wide loss prevention efforts,
● Perform interior and exterior loss prevention audits of your FC and off-site facilities, while proactively dealing with any kind of security issue that is raised,
● Monitor your Fulfillment Center in terms of ongoing compliance with any and all company security policies,
● Perform various loss prevention inspections, audits, and investigations as required,
● Encourage and promote loss prevention within the workforce, by exercising integrity and ethical methods,
● Positively represent the Amazon Security/Loss Prevention department through public relations and customer service; set a personal example of the highest level,
● Demonstrate knowledge of FC best practices at loss prevention, such as:
○ The application of physical security systems,
○ The investigation techniques and laws of arrest,
○ The management of contract guard agencies,
○ Effective transportation/supply chain loss mitigation techniques,
● Conduct new hire orientation and training in your loss prevention strategy,
● Be able to work and travel as and when required by business need.
· ● Relevant qualification in loss prevention, security management, administration of justice or a related field; equivalent experience could suffice as an alternative,
· ● Demonstrable loss prevention program exposure, including experience in a distribution environment, at management level,
· ● Decision-making and problem-solving:
· ○ You demonstrate the ability to proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, while considering all of the facts and other perspectives,
· Fluency in Spanish, both written and overbal (catalan a big plus)
· ○ You’ll conduct root cause analysis and draw sound conclusions,
· ○ You’ll prioritise key factors and act decisively, promptly and confidently,
· ○ Be agile and flexible in your approach,
· ○ Be able to operate with limited guidance from management,
· ● Communication and influencing:
· ○ Demonstrate ability to identify the customer expectation, adjusting language and style to suit the listener,
· ○ Be solutions-focused, customer-focused, and always deliver excellent follow-up.
● Higher academic degree or relevant qualification would be advantageous,
● A grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodology and techniques would be advantageous.