Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The Senior Manager Operations is the regional leader for Amazon Logistics, responsible for all aspects of operations, P&L, and team leadership within the region. The role is responsible for managing multiple delivery locations within a region to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Senior Manager Operations will lead a team of Delivery Station, Operations and Shift managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing. This role also serves as a thought partner with other internal teams like process engineering and engineering to launch new stations and design new delivery models.
· Responsible for management of 3-7 delivery locations, depending on volume and complexity, which operate 24/6.
· Manage day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) and monitors delivery metrics across 3-7 stations with 150-350 DAs.
· Provide innovation in developing long term strategies to ensure that the Amazon Logistics operating model is flexible and agile to meet future customer demands. Introduces new and innovative ways of managing the delivery network (included but not limited to utilization of different transport models, different delivery network models, new sources and innovative models for workforce planning).
· Responsible for setting operational goals and metrics for up to 7 delivery stations across three shifts over 24/6 operation. With the senior leadership team, will regularly review delivery station performance levels to continuously improve strategies and make both long term and tactical business decisions.
· Manage and drive the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan.
· Manage a large team across multiple sites, within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically, a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labor and the role holder must set the expectations with his team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner.
· Develop talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business - safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
· Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce cost to serve and improve contribution.
· Set/clarify requirements and expectations for the Operations organization.
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are introduced to the network in the form of standard work and that these are shared and implemented across all locations in the AMZL network.
· Working with key business partners such as Safety, Transport & Sort, DSP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, Process engineering and Engineering to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives.
· 10 years plus in the logistics (manufacturing, production or distribution environments) industry, ideally 5 of which would have been at a senior level role managing multi-site locations, including either upsizing or downsizing a business
· The role holder should hold an MBA or have equivalent qualification or workplace experience
· Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture (helicopter view), the person will also be able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and possess a preparedness to get involved
· Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment – must have end to end process management experience
· Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as he/ she will is required to look at and find solutions for a variety of operations problems.
· Excellent communication skills (English written and verbally)
· High dependability – be there to manage department – and able to use initiative
· Must be flexible and able to manage a business that can operate 24/6 and commit the time required to get the job done.
· Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors
· Proven ability to understand and improve metrics at a country level
· Ideally, will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques/six sigma
· Ideally, will have experience of managing 3rd party contract resource arrangements on a large/national scale