Woot.com, an Amazon subsidiary, is looking for a Chief Merchandising Officer, reporting to the CEO, capable of providing strategic direction and leadership to our ecommerce and wholesale teams as well as serving as a key stakeholder in charting the course for the total company. This Senior Leader is responsible for driving all businesses – Core Deals, Wholesale, Wine, Shirt and Marketplace, as well as a key strategic business development project.
Are you passionate about surprising and delighting customers? Are you a big thinker able to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges? Are you adept at operationalizing those big ideas? Are you a leader of leaders skilled at developing amazing teams? If so, Woot is the place for you!
As the successful candidate, you will be an analytical, solution-focused owner. You will bring a proven track record of obsessing over the customer experience and delivering results by building and developing top performing organizations, keeping the team focused on the right objectives, creating and/or improving business processes, developing productive, cross-functional relationships internally and with external partners. Leading a total team of 50+ you must be an outstanding leader and effective communicator to drive your organization forward.
· Mentoring and developing the management team to develop challenging, but achievable, goals and identify the appropriate input targets required to deliver the goals.
· Develop top performing team members and make great hiring decisions to cultivate bench strength
· Develop and execute strategic plans for each business team
· Own P&L responsibility for the overall business – understand the key levers that impact profitability
· Define and deliver process improvements across the company
· Cross functional collaboration with Woot and Amazon Marketing, Operations and Technology teams to support strategies and initiatives
· Maintain a culture of continuous improvement across all teams
· Key stakeholder driving the company’s project road map – intake, prioritization and execution
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years’ in buying, account management, product/project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
· 5+ years’ experience hiring and managing a team
· 5+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor/project management
· Demonstrated analytical skills
· 5+ years in the online channel with e-commerce experience
· SQL/ETL skills
· MBA with 10+ years of relevant business experience
· A proven track record in leading and transforming highly effective organizations
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
· Track record of results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Strong track record of recruiting, hiring and developing talent
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast packed environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
· Strong communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization