IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors.
Withoutabox is IMDb’s film submission service, connecting the world’s largest community of independent filmmakers with the most prestigious film festivals. Over 190 Withoutabox films have been nominated for an Oscar, and 37 have won.
The Withoutabox team is looking for a talented senior software development engineer to help design and build next-generation features that will revolutionize how festivals operate, how filmmakers do their work, and get discovered. You will be a leader on a medium-sized team working in Cloud, OO, and AWS technologies. It's a fun and fast paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. You will collaborate with other engineers, quality assurance, product management, and designers to make swift but data driven decisions that you will use to design and build innovative features.
As a separately operated subsidiary of Amazon.com, IMDb offers the benefits and stability of a Fortune 500 company, combined with engaging, close-knit, results-focused environment of a small company. It's the best of both worlds.
If you are an engineer with a passion for architecting, building, testing and maintaining robust, scalable systems, and who enjoys working on the entire stack, from front to back, in a small company environment, then this is where you should be!
· 6+ years of experience in creating and deploying code from concept to production
· Expertise in Java and object-oriented design in a UNIX or Linux environment
· Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture