Woot.com is seeking an experienced and innovative marketing professional to develop, execute and evaluate strategies for marketing to Woot’s growing community of deal-obsessed customers. As the pioneer of the daily deal model, Woot has a large and growing base of active customers that we must continue to expand. The role is responsible for crafting both acquisition and CRM strategies for segmenting, targeting and communicating with Wooters to build awareness, attract new customers and increase retention. You will also own implementation of our brand, positioning and editorial voice. We are seeking a leader who will innovate and expand our marketing and communication horizons to channels and approaches, leveraging Woot’s position as an Amazon subsidiary.
The ideal candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically, and manage a team to flawlessly deliver a comprehensive marketing plan. He or she should be innovative, leadership and team oriented and an effective communicator. You must excel in managing and navigating cross-functional efforts and will partner with buying, product management and technical teams at both Woot and Amazon. The candidate will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs.
The role is broad in scope and includes all traffic channels, marketing vehicles, content creation, site design and customer experience.
• Develop multi-channel Woot marketing and communication strategy across Woot, Amazon, other Amazon subs, social channels and email.
• Define the target Woot customer profile for each business segment and invent new ways to reach those segments.
• Drive Woot member acquisition, leveraging all traffic channels and Amazon properties to drive new customer growth, and retention.
• Increase repeat visitor rate via engagement strategy across all content channels including editorial, community forums, blog, and video.
• Lead and manage the UX design team, driving customer-facing innovation and constantly raising the bar on the Woot customer experience.
• Leverage life-cycle marketing expertise and customer bases in Amazon Mom and Amazon Student to drive awareness
• Raise the bar on the Woot email campaign strategy, meeting or exceeding performance metric goals while driving y/y growth in email circulation, CTR, $/mail and new customer signups
• Develop direct reports by setting a high bar, communicating clear expectations, and giving them frequent feedback and coaching
• Customer focus – always think about the customer first.
• Analytics – uses customer and traffic data to dive deep, investigate and make decisions
• Strategic Thinking – Woot is an innovator in a competitive market segment, we need to be faster and more innovative than other companies
• Bias for Action – moves at internet speed, moves quickly to test ideas, moves quickly to build process
• People development – invests in developing the team, other leaders; builds bench strength
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6-8 years of relevant work experience in offline and/or online marketing, advertising, brand management or related field
• MBA preferred.
• Expertise in customer segmentation, targeting and database marketing methods
• High comfort level with current marketing measurement practices and attribution methods
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously