Woot Inc. seeks a Vendor Manager for the Fashion Team who is interested in seeking out deals and vendors for a rapidly growing daily deal site. The ideal candidate will have significant experience reviewing product, analyzing data, knowing what customers want, identifying trends and coming to conclusions that result in deciding what products will be available on our site. Candidates should also have an ability to evaluate large data sets using Excel and a true desire to find the best deal available. Woot believes in getting things done.
· Building executive-level vendor partnerships with new and existing vendors.
· Engaging with vendors to pitch the Woot value proposition and gather insight and feedback into how Woot can be their overstock solution.
· Analyzing large amounts of deal performance data to identify the attributes that determine a good deal.
· Learning the "art of the deal", the contextual elements that in the market segment, that impact whether or not a deal will perform.
· Negotiating best-in-class vendor terms, costs, and inventory arrangements.
· Planning and executing a robust pipeline of optimal deals across a variety of categories and subcategories.
· Diving deep into post-humus deal performance to determine drivers and refine existing and/or future deal plans.
· Solving deal customer experience issues that affect downstream customers and Woot customers.
· Documenting standard processes for identifying and crystallizing optimal deal structures.
· 3+ years in product, project, business, and/or vendor management is required
· Bachelor's degree in business, operations, supply-chain or a related discipline
· Thorough knowledge of and experience using Excel and/or Access databases
· 5+ years in product, project or process management.
· Proven track record in vendor negotiation and relationship management, ideally in the Fashion category.
· Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts
· Ability to work independently and focus on strong business analysis and research in a recent job function
· Outstanding organizational skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
· Experience owning and managing the entire supply base for a given category or product segment, ideally with consumer products.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to prepare data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
· Demonstrated ability to present strategic concepts, evaluate tradeoffs and socialize opportunistic new ideas with business partners.
· MBA or supply chain related masters preferred
· Working knowledge of SQL and Data Warehouse