Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) Internships 2017 M/F
Job ID: 467913 | Amazon Fulfillment Poland sp.
Job title: Engineering (Mechanical &/or Electrical) Internships
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our teams across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this include software developers, data engineers, operations research scientists, and more.
About these internships:
Whatever your background, if you love seeing your knowledge help improve real life, if you have a passion for maintenance and spare part inventory optimization, if you enjoy solving operational challenges in a short time, and if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As an intern within our Engineering team, you will put your analytical and technical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to support this team and contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that teams provides to our customers. This will include:
1. Work Brigade Maintenance as a Mechanic / Electrician, to help in performing ongoing maintenance and repair of devices within the site transport system (sorters, conveyors, label applicators, etc.), learn how to perform root cause analysis of failures and support the team in improving safety and ergonomics.
2. Work on projects of improvements for the transportation system and prevention planning. this can include, supporting system CMMS, co-operating with and then supervising external suppliers and making plans for conceptual improvements and their implementation.
3. Work on projects of improvements in the maintenance of infrastructure building by working with technical documentation UDT, co-operating with and then supervising external suppliers and making plans for conceptual improvements and their implementation.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can learn and help improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in , electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automation and robotics, electronics and telecommunications, mechatronics or a related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Polish and comfortable in English.
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
· Ms Office proficiency.
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· SEP "E" permissions.
· Knowledge of compressed air and pneumatic devices.
· Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques (RCA: Ishikawa diagram, 5 Why, Pareto, etc.)
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s an experience in enginerring, maintenance or a related field all the best!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.