The Amazon Learning & Development team is passionate about training and developing Amazonians. As an L&D Manager (m/f) you will provide process training for associates, specialists and managers on your site and make sure that they are trained to perform their job safely.
You will play a central role in implementing our Associate-centric leadership as well as provide a key support to the management in facilitating change and engaging associates to new processes. As you will interact at all levels, you will need strong communication skills plus the ability to influence and convey complex issues into simply learning solutions.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centers are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
You will ensure that a positive learning experience is delivered on site. The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
· Lead and develop the Learning Team
· Support and develop B.A. students and apprentices (Dual Education)
· Ensure the interface of P.I.T. training and ensure that the processes met EU guidelines
· Provide an EU process training experience for salaried and hourly associates.
· Partner with all departments like Operation, Human Resource, Quality, Safety or Healthy to ensure all mandatory trainings are delivered within the set timescales.
· Train multiplicators to support all new learning experiences and gather feedback to improve performance.
· Provide a safe learning environment for associates to experience process training
· Suggest process improvements through business owners to improve EU Learning standards.
· Partner with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure training aids reflect safe behaviors and current processes (Standard Operating Processes).
· Provide development tools for hourly associate’s to increase knowledge.
· Support operations to identify actions/ behaviors which impact on safe, quality and productive performance.
· Support design and evaluate training materials to improve learning experiences.
· Support the Operational Excellence Team in the implementation of change based on Kaizen activities (process improvement).
· Provide Personal Development Plans for team members.
· Track and analyze test results, audits and performance against metrics.
· Provide training matrix for operations so they can track critical roles and identify possible risk.
· Bachelors' degree
· Leadership experiences
· Experience in carrying out all activities in the Training Cycle: Design, Delivery, Evaluation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in German and English
· Can drive understanding (i.e., using visual aids, able to recognize when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention).
· Experience using computers to develop materials, presentations and use of email and knowledge of internet/intranet.
· Result-driven attitude and highly developed leadership ability.
· On-hand mentality
· Experience of implementing a wide range of change management and process improvement activities, based on broader organizational goals.
· Willingness to travel
· Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel)
· Master degree or equivalent would be ideal
· IHK training certification (AdA)
· Learning Management experience within a Distribution, Manufacturing/Production or similar industry environment.
· Background in adult learning theory/course facilitation would be beneficial