Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As a Deployment Engineer, you will collaborate with a talented team and dive into challenging technical problems to meet tight deadlines. This job requires a unique combination of flexibility, creativity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. You will travel extensively (~85%) to locations in Europe and occasionally to international sites.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field
- Willingness to travel up to 85%
- Comfort with detailed and complex technology including software, hardware and robotics
- Technical skills including familiarity with Linux, Java, XML, SQL, and database administration (MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with a talented team
- Familiarity with fast growing companies and the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that goes along with launching new products and systems
- A passion for working on a fun, innovative, and high-energy team
- Prior success in high-pressure, fast-paced environments demonstrating innovative problem solving skills Experience working in environments like warehouses or construction sites
- Cursory knowledge of networking and network topologies, such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Language skills - other European languages would be highly desirable (Spanish, German, French, Italian)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.