Amazon seeks a talented Senior Financial Analyst to support and drive Financial Planning and Analysis for Amazon Italy and Spain. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual's passion for retail innovation and finance while supporting one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon. This role will provide financial guidance, coordination, consolidation and support to business and category finance teams on a daily basis acting as liaison to Amazon EU and the Country Leadership team. The role operates in a matrix organization, working closely with the Finance Director and with great exposure to Country Manager, EU and local leadership. The role will be based in Milan and limited travel is expected to Madrid.
· Own and lead the financial planning in Italy and Spain (calendar, key planning cycles and forecasts, target setting, etc.)
· Deliver excellent top management communication at key planning cycles, month/quarter reporting and for ad-hoc analysis (Local and EU leadership level)
· Facilitate and lead business tracking and performance at total country levels via periodic reviews
· Coordinating and collaborating with EU HQ, FP&A managers across EU, and different FP&A teams in operations, transportation, Prime finance, among others to ensure right order of process.
· Consistently improve and develop new analytics/reports which drive simplification and scalability
· Spearhead transversal financial analysis and projects not covered by country category teams to drive growth, profitability and FCF.
· Lead process optimizations and automation in concert with EU and WW initiatives
· OpEx controllership
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance, as well as overall finance, operational and decision support in this exciting, evolving space. The role demands a strong balance of the big picture, in depth analytics, and operating rigor with comfort to navigate and influence a matrix organization. This individual will be role model for high standards and driving business insight partnering with cross functional teams. The role requires individuals with solid analytical skills, the ability to work independently, manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment, a strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and the ability to communicate with and influence business leadership. A bachelor's degree is required; an M.B.A. is preferred.
· BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, engineering, or related quantitative field
· 5+ years of relevant Finance experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
· Fluent in English, Italian and/or Spanish are a plus
· Advanced MS Excel skills. Experience with VBA would be considered a plus
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated strong leadership
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
· Customer focus and professional demeanor
· Must display a solid understanding of retail and a strong business acumen
· MBA Preferred
· Knowledge of SQL is highly desirable
· Experience with Cognos, Oracle Financials or similar tools