For our Customer Service (CS) Organization we are seeking a:
Senior Finance Analyst (m/f)
This role is based in Luxembourg.
Everything we do at Amazon is focused on being "Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company”. At the core of this customer centricity is the Amazon Customer Service (CS) organization. We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join the Global CS Finance Team for the Digital and Device products category (D2) including Echo, Kindle e-Readers, FireTV, Amazon Video, Gaming, Music, Alexa Voice Services and more. This position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager of the D2CS organization. The pace and growth of the business along with its increasing complexity makes this role an exciting, interesting and very challenging proposition. As such it requires an individual who is motivated to make a big impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to live the Amazon motto of “Work Hard - Have Fun - Make History”.
· Regional responsibility for EU including full year and outlook planning, month end analysis and commentary and ad hoc work for Variable and Fixed costs
· Own EU/multilingual relationship with contact forecasting team and Headcount capacity planning teams
· Point of contact for Multilingual Technical Support Operations leadership
· Point of contact for reporting of Costs, Contacts and Units for D2CS, for several Digital and Device Product Lines, explaining the cost drivers and providing variance analyses to those finance teams directly
· Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful, actionable reports to drive business improvement and cost reduction
· Work closely with the EU/multilingual/World Wide finance teams on common approaches and timelines
Key team member of World Wide Digital and Devices Customer Service Finance team that contributes to the development of financial planning and analysis tools and Finance Planning & Analysis processes that impact the global strategy.
· Bachelor in a Business/Finance/Engineering or similar analytical discipline
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience including forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous international environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Result-oriented, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
· Good verbal and written skills in English
· Minimum work experience of 8-10 years
· MBA preferred
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis in an operational environment (service or manufacturing)
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanismsExperience providing recommendations based on results of ad-hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Knowledge of large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities