At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every day just like it’s day one. And we never sit still while we do it.
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking an experienced, Operations Manager to join our Customer Fulfillment team. You’ll operate out of one of our dynamic Fulfillment Centers: these sit at the heart of Amazon’s world-class, rapidly growing business. They’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory; they’re also where we developed our smart, industry-leading workflows.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Another key aspect of your role will be to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you manage. The ideas, innovation and leaps out of the status quo that you come up with could very well be rolled out across the Amazon network: this immense opportunity is yours for the taking.
Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organisation and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your FC. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
· Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting an inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site,
· Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs, such as 5S audits,
· In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll manage timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
· Therefore, you’ll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
· Work closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
· Implement process change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network,
· Possess a degree level qualification
· Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
· You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
· You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, fast-paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
· You possess the ability to manage details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate,
· You thrive on change, and are willing to relocate if necessary,
· You are ready to work in 4 day shifts, either from Sunday until Wednesday or Wednesday until Saturday
· Master’s degree, or equivalent Level 7 qualification,
· You possess a grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodologies and related techniques.
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.