Area Manager (m/f)
Do you aim to have a dynamic impact on the world?
Do you want to go beyond what’s possible?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Would you like to work as part of an innovative, fast-paced and motivated team?
We are seeking Area Managers to join our vast fulfillment and operations network, in various locations across the EU; positive, self-motivated individuals with just the right combination of leadership skills and professional business acumen.
In short, leaders who aren’t afraid of rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
About the job and responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for inspiring, supportive leadership in one of the following return centre teams.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we’ll be entrusting a big team of associates to you. Elsewhere in the industry, this kind of opportunity isn’t often presented to graduates fresh out of college. At Amazon, however, we trust the people we hire; we’re not about to try and be conventional.
Acting as a beacon of leadership, motivation and inspiration, you’ll be responsible for the training and integration of your team, while driving forward progress. This symbiotic relationship will also make this position all the more rewarding and impactful, as you strive for excellence together with the team you manage.
All the while, you’ll exercise sound judgement, making sure progress and targets are realistic and achievable. And it’ll be worth it: the impact you could have, within one of the biggest, most innovative companies on planet Earth, won’t go unnoticed. With us, you can have a hand in creating the future.
Alongside positive leadership, the ideal Area Manager keeps the bigger picture goals in mind:
· You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety while at work;
· You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of quality;
· You’ll maintain inventory accuracy;
· And, last but not least: you’ll strive to improve and streamline processes
What you need to know:
This position is made for persuasive and natural leaders: from day one, you’ll need to strike a balance as you transition into your leadership role. Just the right amount of assertiveness, but balanced at all times with a tactful, respectful demeanor. That’s how you’ll rapidly earn the trust of your brand new team. But you’ll never be alone in this transition: Amazon offers industry-leading coaching and training support to aid your progress.
Your profile :
● You obtained or working towards Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in logistics, engineer, business),
● A strong team player, you thrive when working with others,
● You possess demonstrable problem solving and analytical capabilities,
● Decisive when necessary, you’re able to act quickly in a fast-paced environment,
● You’re an innovative thinker and a great motivator,
● Flexibility to relocate for the position if needed
● Willing to work in non traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends
● Previous work experience in a distribution centre or warehouse is a nice to have