The Shirt Production Manager is responsible for successfully overseeing the production and distribution of Shirt orders. Primary responsibilities include the creation/maintenance of a positive work environment, development of Woot FC associate skills, compliance by all associates with company policies and procedures, dissemination of relevant company information to all associates, and achieving key performance measures. The Shirt Production Manager position includes the responsibility for all Shirt production personnel and all aspects of Shirt product production (screen printing/Direct To Garment printing, etc.) in a manner that results in accuracy, timeliness and profitability without compromising company standards for quality. The Shirt Production Manager will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service provided to our customers and to exceed departmental safety, quality and productivity goals.
Key Job Elements:
Responsible for all Shirt Production personnel to ensure proper staffing and optimal utilization of resources.
Lead and manage a team by training, developing, and coaching team members on a consistent basis
Create, implement, and sustain policies and procedures.
Communicate job expectations to all employees; plan, monitor, appraise, and review performance.
Work with the HR and Management teams to streamline communication and procedures to assure highest customer service and efficiency.
Works with Customer Service Manager to identify and monitor key metrics.
Coordinate production job scheduling with Production Planners on a daily basis to assure efficient and cost effective use of machinery and resources.
Responsible for production costs and product quality, and developing and implementing plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and labor force to establish, maintain, and enhance a profitable operation.
Work directly with Inventory Control and Accounting to insure the material handling protocols and inventory transactions are properly executed.
Keep and maintain production records accurately and consistently.
Prepare and oversee daily and weekly Production Meetings with Operations Manager and leads.
Generates reports on productivity, production status and labor hours for Weekly Business Reviews.
Identify and implement Process Improvements across the Shirt operations organization.
Create, implement, and sustain cost control programs.
Create, implement, and sustain maintenance programs for all machinery, as well as the coordination of all necessary repairs.
Prepare and maintain equipment maintenance reporting programs.
Create, implement, and sustain facilities appearance program that ensures consistent cleanliness, organization, and quality standards that meet or exceed Amazon expectations.
Responsible for production safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees within the regulations of all OSHA, local, state and company regulations and policies.
Responsible for the management of administrative duties (payroll, inventory, team member schedules, etc.)
Responsible for compliance with quality control procedures
Responsible for production execution at a level that achieves or exceeds performance expectations
Perform other assignments as needed as directed by management
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· 3+ year of management/supervisory experience
· Experience managing across various employee levels, days, and shifts (preferably multi-shift)
· Process improvement and workflow analysis experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and decision making skills
· Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
· Ability to work with people in fast paced environment as well as ability to work independently
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
· Exemplary attendance and punctuality record
· Flexible to work any/all shifts, schedules, hours and areas including weekends, nights and holidays as needed
· Commercial print environment experience preferred
· 5+ yrs exp. in a textile Print Production Management position
· Experience with Screen Press technology
· Experience with Direct to Garment print technology
· Familiarity with Warehouse Management procedures and Inventory Control