The Amazon Devices business consumer marketing team is looking for world-class design talent to help us build brands. We are looking for an experienced visual designer who has successfully taken business goals and turned them into exceptional world-class designs.
The Graphic Designer will take the lead on setting the visual standard defining brand and applying strong organizational skills, web expertise, design aesthetic, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. Our aim is to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class consumer experience on our website, in the new service companion app, and across the web. This role will act as the day-to-day lead on strategy and execution for our design programs including consumer campaigns, co-marketing with the service brands, and our companion app. They will analyze service engagement and design industry trends to optimize our brand and creative assets for the customer. The Graphic Designer will be expected to innovate and will be empowered to expand our horizons to new approaches.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
· Work with the Content Merchandising Manager to create regularly refreshed designs to feed PR and our online and campaign marketing engines, including videos, banners, campaign assets, landing page design, and more
· Implement and execute industry best practices, including high-quality designs with clear call-to-actions
· Drive innovation and raise the bar for design across all channels
· Scale our design programs by providing creative direction to external agencies
· Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs
· Understand user experience best practices for web design & mobile interactions
· Use current and future marketing channels to inform and delight our customers about skills
· Present and defend visual design solutions to leadership & team owners
· Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to ensure consistent brand use across multiple marketing channels
· Grow team knowledge of best design practices and trends in web and graphic design
If this sounds like an exciting design challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, online marketing, and great user-centered design solutions.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in online marketing
· Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
· Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
· Japanese fluency, Business level English
· Illustration experience
· Motion graphics and / or relevant animation experience
· Demonstrable experience as a designer and creative director for the consumer audience
· Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
· Outstanding interpersonal skills: decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire
· Proven track record of continually advocating on behalf of your internal and external customers
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization