Be part of Amazon and build the future with us. Join Amazon and help people to discover new worlds.
Key job responsibilities
Your job responsibilities as a Compliance Associate may include:
- Review products to ensure regulatory compliance on all products that are made available for sale on Amazon from all sources
- Write rules to identify and action dangerous, prohibited, restricted/regulated and non-complaint products
- Reinstating products when the seller alters the information
- Audit the Amazon website and identify the dangerous, prohibited, restricted/regulated and non-complaint products
- Identify and remove from the website products that don't satisfy Amazon’s regulatory or safety obligations
- Identifying & implementation of improvement opportunities/automations to enhance process efficiency, quality and customer experience with measurable impact
- Responsible for quality, root cause analysis on process & quality gaps and recommend corrective actions.
- Training and mentoring new hires and other associates, suggests improvements to training
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and owns process updates
- Understanding of metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources
- Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager
- Active participation in stakeholder calls, leading and documenting the discussions
- Conduct feedback sessions, Training need identification (TNI) and maintenance of quality records and documentation.
A day in the life
Depending on the team you will be part of, your day-to-day activities may include:
- Analyzing Amazon website content to correctly assess the properties of the product
- Reviewing documents that lists information relating to occupational safety and health for the use of various substances and products
- Offering support to warehouse associates in case of unclarities or disputes regarding product classification
About the team
Chemical Safety Compliance (CSC) was developed to create a globally acceptable framework for chemical trade and it intends to have an international approach to classification and labeling of products. By doing so it will enable countries to have consistent and appropriate information on the chemicals they import or produce. Additionally, it will enable understanding on the infrastructure required and the effects of exposure to people and the environment.
CSC aims to
- Provide the correct CSC information needed to ensure safe and appropriate storage of products,
- Provide the correct CSC information needed to safely dispose of the products considering the environment and the safety of Amazon employees and partners,
- Provide our customers with information by displaying hazard information on Amazon detail pages.
- Fluent in English, and B1 proficiency in German required
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel proficiency is an advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
- Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts
- Must be comfortable working with large data sets
- Very good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research – finding specific information about products in a timely manner
- Graduation in any Discipline is required for this position
- 1-3 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes – BPOs, Operations processes; Database management would be an additional advantage
- Knowledge of basic SQL
- Knowledge of consumer product compliance processes and regulations
- Experience in product safety and/or regulatory compliance management with government agencies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.