Military Pathways Program 2019 - Poland
At Amazon, we are thrilled to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into exciting post-military careers with limitless possibilities.
We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global Fortune 100 company where you can manage people, process, and technology in one of the world’s leading logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfillment operations?
Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to over 285 million customers globally?
Could you assume financial responsibilities that impact both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a fast evolving corporation?
If the answer is yes, then the Amazon Military Leaders program may be right for you, and you should read on!
Talented individuals become great leaders through their cornerstone experiences - leadership opportunities that result in life changing lessons and drive people to accomplish great things.
The Amazon Military Leaders program is looking for high-potential veterans with strong leadership, technical and operations Backgrounds, who are ready for the challenges to become Amazon's next General Managers, Directors and VPs.
Through a series of intense, progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential. The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and quickly prepare you for effective executive leadership.
A Military Leaders Program candidate begins as an Area Manager in one of our Fulfillment or Customer Service locations Europe wide.
As a front-line Manager:
- you will lead a team of 50-100 right away, while mastering the tools, processes and operations culture that have created Earth’s most customer centric company.
- you’ll have a chance to take on progressive assignments specifically designed to leverage your already strong leadership skills, develop your business acumen, and test your analytics capability.
- you will engage in continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program in order to increase efficiencies and productivity in your assigned area of responsibility.
After 6-12 months you will be promoted to the more strategic Operations Manager role, leading Area Managers as well as managing projects with a nationwide or Europe wide scope.
Following further promotion to Senior Operations Manager and after 4-5 years experience you will be ready to take on the most challenging roles in Customer Fulfillment:
- leading organizations of nearly 4,000 individuals
- having financial responsibilities for labour in excess of $2.5 million per week and
- potentially having oversight of over $1B+ in CAPITAL projects.
Our Military Leaders Program is designed to be a fast track to executive leadership and we provide the support to help you get there.
The Amazon Military Leaders program is for innovative, talented, and experienced leaders seeking to become highly influential Senior Leaders and Executives in critical areas of Amazon's business, in locations all over the world.
We’re looking for veterans who pushed themselves and succeeded in the most challenging, demanding, elite assignments and training during their time in uniform to similarly challenge themselves at Amazon.
Join us as we continue to make history.
- Minimum 5+ years of Military experience with a focus on leadership and operations management
- Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Excellent military record demonstrating significant levels of responsibility and leadership experiences in challenging, high operational-tempo assignments.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Bias for action and passion for rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to “get it done.”
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business Solutions.
- Candidates must be willing to work in shifts
- Geographic flexibility throughout Europe
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency (B2) in local language (Polish)
- MBA Degree or equivalent Masters-level Degree is preferred.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.