Amazon is seeking a pragmatic, innovative, and driven financial services compliance professional to serve as the Compliance Officer for Amazon Serviços de Varejo do Brasil Ltda. In this role you will develop payments compliance strategies and policies that balance regulatory Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions compliance with business enablement to support Amazon’s payments programs and services.
The Senior Compliance Manager will manage a range of compliance subject matter areas, operating in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups to deliver best-in-class compliance solutions to support existing and emerging products. This role will engage internally across business, legal, operations, and technical teams to influence the strategic direction of products and design of right-sized controls. The Senior Compliance Manager will advise senior stakeholders on the compliance implications of business decisions. This role will also engage externally with independent auditors and regulators, representing and supporting payments compliance programs.
· Collaborate on new product initiatives to understand legal impact, define compliance requirements, and establish appropriate compliance policies and controls to facilitate successful launch.
· Maintain a horizon view in order to detect and respond to new regulatory developments and issues that may pose compliance risk; educate management and guide teams in the development of a risk-based and coordinated response across dependent teams.
· Manage examination and external audit processes, maintaining productive relationships with external assessors on an ongoing cadence and ensuring timely and accurate response to inquiries.
· Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with business teams to educate on compliance concerns, understand business objectives, and influence product design.
· Manage the day to day functions of the compliance program, inclusive of the submission of required regulatory reporting and oversight of business owned controls.
· Manage and maintain the policy library and risk measurement mechanisms that form the basis of payments compliance programs.
· Prepare reports to senior management and senior business leaders with timely and actionable intelligence concerning the health of compliance programs.
· BA/BS or equivalent
· 8+ years of experience in financial services risk management or other internal control functions (e.g. Internal Audit, Compliance) within a complex international organization.
· Strong analytical skills and comfort with data, including the ability to structure analyses, pull together business cases, navigate multi-dimensional sets of tradeoffs, interpret data and make recommendations.
· Experienced in managing relationships at all levels within an organization. Ability to work within a matrix environment and cross functionally.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to challenge the status-quo and champion best-in-class solutions and problem-solving.
· Working knowledge of AML, Sanctions, and KYC related laws in Brazil.
· Advanced English skills.
· Payments or e-commerce background
· Professional certification such as CAMS, CRCM, or CRP