Ever wondered how Amazon.com website works? Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to Amazon’s growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services?
The Amazon International Technology Team is hiring a Senior Software Development Manager in Sao Paulo office. In this role, the person will lead a high performing engineering team in the design and development of highly scalable web services and systems. The INTech team builds International extensions and new features of the Amazon.com web site for individual countries and creates systems to support Amazon operations. We have already worked in Germany, France, UK, India, China, Italy, Brazil and more.
We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction. As a leader on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, development of engineering talent, and the ongoing operation and improvement of the product.
You will establish and execute the long-term architectural road-map and drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of our product. You will hold the team to an extremely high bar for site performance, scalability and availability.
We have a very flat team structure, and offer an unique opportunity for technical leaders who want to work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and operating products that solve interesting business problems.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
Please note that travel expenses will be covered if we invite you to interview with us.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Relevant experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
· 5+ years experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
· Experience leading multiple dev teams as a 'leader of leaders'.
· Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems.
· Knowledge of Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture.
· Proven track record of delivering significant results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
· Experience managing multiple concurrent programs, projects and development teams in an Agile environment.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· A deep understanding of software development in a team.