Amazon is a place where builders can build. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are hiring Graduate Big Data consultants to help our customers develop technical expertise and deliver results in key engagements, often alongside our partners.This program will start in September 2019.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Completed or currently on a Bachelors or Masters degree related to Computer Science/ Machine Learning etc.
· Open source or part-time work experience on development projects. No former full-time work experience is required.
· Good skills with programming languages, such as Java, Python, or C/C++.
· Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases.
· Basic experience in setting up cloud environment with AWS.
· Strong analytical skills and good IT troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies.
· Experience with Data Warehouse and ETL operations.
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3.
· Background in algorithm engineering, distributed systems, networking, or IT security.
· Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend a technical phone screen post which successful candidates will be invited to an in-house assessment centre. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
EU Student Programs Team