Amazon is a place where builders can build. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. If you have experience with AI, including building ML or DL models, we would like to have you join our team.
A Graduate Data Science Consultant will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. This program will start in September 2019.
Job responsibilities include:
· Understanding the customer’s business need and build a solution using our AWS AI Services, Platforms, Frameworks and AWS AI EC2 Instances.
· Assisting customers by building ML / DL project, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
· Using Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras to help our customers build DL models.
· Using SparkML and Amazon Machine Learning (AML) to help our customers build ML models.
· Working with our Professional Services Data Science, Big Data and DevOps consultants to build and optimize machine learning flows
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
· Completed or currently on a Bachelors or Masters degree related to Computer Science/ Machine Learning/ Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics etc..
· Experience using Python and/or R and developing ML and DL solutions
· Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools
· Knowledge of writing and tuning SQL
· Experience giving data presentations
· Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
· Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend a technical phone screen post which successful candidates will be invited to an in-house assessment centre. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
EU Student Programs Team