- English, British
- Español (Europeo)
- Português, Brasil
Work from Home-United States Virtual Customer Service Associate Seasonal Part Time Flex
In order for us to take your application into consideration you must live in one of the following states: South Carolina, Idaho, New Mexico, Tennessee, Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nebraska and Mississippi.
Amazon’s Virtual United States Customer Service
Earth’s most customer-centric company is seeking bright, articulate, detailed applicants with a passion to help our customers and make them smile. An Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. We are seeking candidates who enjoy problem solving, supporting customers with issues like: late packages, damaged items, promotions, returns/refunds, and much more! The majority of time spent with customers will be via phone, but you may also be required to support email and chat. Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, review solutions, and communicate them effectively to a variety of customers in a fun and fast-paced company. Come join our teams!
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
What is a flex position in Virtual Customer Service?
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As an Amazon Customer Service Part Time Flex Seasonal employee you will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of our business and customers. Work schedules will be selected through shift bids which take into consideration business need and your performance. The average amount of hours scheduled per associate will be 20-29 hours per week, with expectations to work additional hours during Peak Seasons. Available shifts will include morning, afternoon and evenings, typically including one or both weekend days. Schedules will change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be mandatory instances of additional scheduled work time, based on business needs or large scale events. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected.
What is a Seasonal position in Virtual Customer Service?
Seasonal employees may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to nine months, or a shorter period of time depending on business need. There may also be opportunities for regular long-term employment based on business needs and performance.
How do I help Customer’s solve their problems?
Associates utilize Amazon-provided laptops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts. Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance. Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $10.00 per hour through four weeks of training; a minimum of 28 hours is expected each week during training. Upon successful completion of training, and except as otherwise required by law, the pay will increase to $12.00 per hour at the beginning of the next payroll period.
Peak season includes, mid-summer and November through January. May also include Peak Times such as Prime Day, Black Friday, holidays, etc.
Hourly rate during training and upon successful completion of training may vary depending upon state minimum wage laws.
- You must reside and work in the following states for your application to be considered: South Carolina, Idaho, New Mexico, Tennessee, Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nebraska and Mississippi.
- Ability to support a flexible working schedule every three weeks to meet business needs.
- You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Your address must be in one of the states we are currently hiring. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent English language proficiency required.
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to navigate the internet, multiple browsers, email, and instant messenger/chat tools.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- 1+ years in a service environment dealing with customers.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
- Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person (requiring you to drive to a location Amazon provides you in the pre-hire process).
- Customer Focus- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
- You must not be a current Amazon employee, If you are an internal applicant please reach out to your HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- Uphold company values and respect every customer.
- Exude patience and ownership with each customer.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers.
- Desire to continually learn.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency.
- A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
- You are encouraged to use an external monitor (with appropriate cables), wired USB keyboard, and wired USB mouse, but they are not required or provided.
- You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
- When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.