Amazon is looking for bright leaders to lead large non-exempt teams across our cutting-edge fulfillment network! This is not a corporate, office-based position. This is a full-time position located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings.
Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level managers to become exceptional people leaders.
Being an Area Manager means being on the front lines of our customer promise, ensuring your team delivers customers’ orders on time, by leading a large team of Amazon Associates in one of our fulfillment locations. You will have an opportunity to invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer. As a reminder, our fulfillment centers are fast paced environments where standing, walking, and having on-the-production floor conversations are common as a visible supply chain leader!
Locations and Placement:
· This position is not a corporate role or a traditional “desk” office position.
This position is interactive, you will be on your feet the majority of your shift, working closely with your team. The role will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
· Although this role is tied to a certain city, placement opportunities are nationwide. This means you will be placed at an operations building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (you will be placed at an operations building that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.) Relocation benefits are offered at time of offer to eligible candidates.
Key job responsibilities
· Coach, manage, and develop a team of 50-100 Amazon associates
· Communicate policies to your team and act as the primary information source for the team -maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
· Create, manage, and support recognition programs
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Develop performance goals and targets to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Access all areas of building (Depending on the operations building, this may include ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways, and shipping docks safely and without limitation)
· Walk in/and around all areas of the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Willing and able to work shift patterns that may include nights, weekends, and/or holidays based on business needs, regularly . Note that there is a high chance that your shift may overlap into part of the weekend or be overnight.
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
A day in the life
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring, and managing your team to meet targeted goals. As a people manager, you will ensure that the team of Amazon associates has all the tools needed to succeed and maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, and attendance performance at work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Aurora, CO, USA | Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Thornton, CO, USA
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree with all requirements completed between May 2022 and August 2024. (You will need to have all degree requirements met before your first day).
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-focused environment
· Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Currently enrolled in or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Hospitality or another related field.
· Interest in growing in the field of Operations, Supply Chain Management, or large team management
Please note we are not able to provide sponsorship now or in the future for these positions. Eligible candidates must have work authorization without employer intervention to be considered.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.
Please note, while the pay range of the role is listed below, this position’s salary is non-negotiable based on geographical market.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $60,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $69,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.