The Devices Supply Chain Technology team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and friction-less as possible. We own and build platforms to support everything from Supply Planning, Logistics, Materials Management, Product Lifecycle Management to Device Costing, among others. Come join the team that helps Amazon invent and innovate the Amazon Devices Supply chain and work with the best and the brightest in the industry!
We are looking for a proven and experienced software development manager who can help lead the team in building innovative solutions for Amazon. As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, test, and deployment of our software and services. The successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex systems, a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
This candidate has great insight into our customers (and the analytic skills to develop these insights), the vision and creativity to find innovative ways to act on these insights, the technical chops to translate those ideas into innovative design, and interpersonal and management skills to harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to drive the designs into the world as products that will delight our customers.
In this role, you will work closely with senior leaders, stakeholders, software engineers, scientists and product teams across Amazon to drive large cross-org innovations and project delivery activities.
Key job responsibilities
As a software development manager, your responsibilities include:
- Define, design, and deliver software applications
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Collaborate with multiple business stakeholder, engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to an ambitious roadmap
A day in the life
You are the owner of your team and product diving into any problem with your engineers and stakeholders (both internal and external to Amazon) to invent new solutions for devices supply chain and remove roadblocks that are preventing them from delighting their customers.
You are also the mentor and champion of your team members helping them grow in their career aspirations and technical growth.
About the team
We are a tight knit and efficient team that delivers automation and optimization supply chain solutions for the Devices ((i.e. Amazon Echoes, Kindles, FireTV, Ring, etc) organization. We are specialized in that Amazon Devices develops and owns the product that Amazon is selling on both the Amazon retail site and to external vendors.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Guadalajara, JAL, MEX
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 7+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience with the scrum methodology
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience working with supply chain and/or manufacturing operations systems.