We are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians. Amazon has 1.2M employees worldwide with plans for continued growth. Here, you’ll be part of a team that builds scalable, international solutions impacting unprecedented number of candidate experiences. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
This solution will handle all phases of hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience for over 1.5 million candidates per year. As part of our growth and expansion, we are adding features that will allow us to hire candidates to meet the needs of the business globally.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive the development of services and assets for an internal facing, global solution that will be used by thousands of Amazoninans to support millions of applicants aspiring to work at Amazon. You will own automation of business processes using proven as well as evolving AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free customer experience. Your tier-one services will have highest standards and be available 24x7, scale under massive load, and perform consistently.
We want you if -
· You strive to build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
· You have high standards and drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
· You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
· You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collecting data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
· You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
· You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will -
· Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
· Own, drive, and deliver software solutions
· Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
· Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development best practices, and operational excellence processes.
· Collaborate with peers to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the development teams.
· Develop junior and new team members by mentoring them on multiple fronts.
A day in the life
Daily activities include collaborating with other software developers and product team to define, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain a variety of front and back-end solutions using native AWS services.
Daily you will:
· participate in stand-up, planning, leadership, and product meetings
· write, test, review high-quality code
· research and design novel software solutions
· estimate, write, and update requirements, design, and required documentation
Once a month, be part of on-call rotation to support any customer impacting incidents. Team has a very low record of incidents requiring work outside normal hours. You'll help improve and maintain our high standards.
About the team
Our team is new and growing. As an early team member, you'll help create and define the processes and tooling we use to delight our customers. Our goal is to provide job candidates with a frictionless hiring journey from application submission to Day 1. We also provide critical data to our internal work force staffing partners that provide key insights improving the candidate experience. We use Scrum and strive for continuous improvement. Here, your contributions matter by helping shape the team environment and how we achieve our goals.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.