Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking Applied Science Interns and Co-ops with a passion for robotic research to work on cutting edge algorithms for robotics. Our team works on challenging and high-impact projects within robotics. Examples of projects include allocating resources to complete a million orders a day, coordinating the motion of thousands of robots, autonomous navigation in warehouses, identifying objects and damage, and learning how to grasp all the products Amazon sells.
As an Applied Science Intern/Co-op at Amazon Robotics, you will be working on one or more of our robotic technologies such as autonomous mobile robots, robot manipulators, and computer vision identification technologies. The intern/co-op project(s) and the internship/co-op location are determined by the team the student will be working on.
Please note that by applying to this role you would be considered for Applied Scientist summer intern, spring co-op, and fall co-op roles on various Amazon Robotics teams. These teams work on robotics research within areas such as computer vision, machine learning, robotic manipulation, navigation, path planning, perception, optimization and more.
Learn more about Amazon Robotics: https://amazon.jobs/en/teams/amazon-robotics
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Degree program must be based in the United States with an expected graduation of December 2024 or later
- Must be eligible for and available for full-time (40 hours per week) internship for the whole duration of the internship/co-op
- At least 1 year of relevant academic research or industry experience within Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Optimization, Manipulation, Perception, Motion Planning and Controls, Movement, Autonomous Navigation, Path Planning, or related
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python, or related
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Publication(s) at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Ability to develop system prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative and cross-functional teams
- Drive to see a project through from research concept to working prototype
- Strong algorithm development experience
- A working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art algorithms in field of expertise
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $65.38/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $106.83/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.