Do you want to lead the journey of building the next-gen global transportation network using intelligent routing algorithms & systems that power the delivery of packages? Are you up for this challenge? We are looking for a Principal Product Manager that will lead the innovation and exploration that would drive the future of Middle Mile Transportation at Amazon.
Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation Technology team is chartered with building complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
As part of this team you will work with executive leaders, engineering, science and operations stakeholders to drive process improvement, generate ideas, validate entitlement and then produce a path to production. You will define product strategy, develop the product development roadmap, and drive execution. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will work as part of the engineering organization.
Key job responsibilities
- End-to-end ownership of requirements gathering, documentation, planning, and implementation of cost-effective solutions for Amazon transportation network
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally across multiple teams in operations, technology and planning to define strategic roadmaps while keeping the impact of the solution to all stakeholders in mind
- Creating and implementing data driven improvements to Amazon's transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers
- Designing and implementing feedback mechanisms to drive performance and cost improvement in processes
- Ability to deep dive and do root-cause analysis using data, and create metrics-driven, actionable, and sustainable solutions for the future
- Monitor key performance indicators across nodes and analyze their drivers to determine the level and type of engagement required based on the risk to customer experience and utilization of technology
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 7+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- 7+ years of blending product and program management skills to execute strategic initiatives about process creation, standardization, and improvement experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $129,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $240,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.