2062 open jobs
Our tech community
What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
It’s always Day 1
At Amazon, it’s always “Day 1.” Now, what does this mean and why does it matter? It means that our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day: We embrace new ways of doing things, strive to stay nimble, make decisions quickly, and always focus on delighting our customers. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one. In his 2016 letter to shareholders, CEO Jeff Bezos shared his thoughts on how to maintain a Day 1 mindset. Read the full letter here.
Our Leadership Principles
Our Leadership Principles help us keep a Day 1 mentality. They aren’t just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. Amazonians use them every day, whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing candidates. Explore all of our Leadership Principles here.
Our software development principles
- Drive quality -- maintain relentlessly high standards, write good code, and own problems.
- Have excellent functional skills: design, develop, build, test, and operate the best code.
- Innovate and simplify: invent new algorithms and processes, simplify old ones, and insist on innovation.
- Have customer and operational focus: resolve defects, seek root causes, consider scaling, and always advocate for our customers.
- Communicate clearly: design openly, teach while building, escalate quickly, and resolve while earning trust.
- Exercise judgement: prioritize work, drive consensus and influence through being right a lot, and make the right mix of short and long term choices.
- Demonstrate engagement and teamwork: engage with others, always be positive, work across your team and learn from mistakes.
- Deliver results: prioritize, set milestones, maintain focus, and drive to completion.
Hear from our employees
Senior Software Engineering at Amazon
Get a glimpse of how Senior Software Engineers impact Amazon’s customers, products, and services.
AWS Builder Stories - Luiza Popa
Meet Luiza Popa, Network Development Engineer shaping the future of our Dublin Data Centers.
Device Software Engineering
Meet Jamie, Senior Software Development Engineering lead for Amazon Echo.