Customer Service Associate Application Guide
Applying to become a Customer Service Associate at Amazon
Looking to apply for a Customer Service Associate role at Amazon? Here's an inside look at our application process to help you get started.
You can browse our Customer Service job listings on amazon.jobs. Once you find the right opportunity, click apply and follow the prompts to complete the process.
You’ll need to create a profile to apply for the role. If you have applied for a role with Amazon before, don’t forget to log back in to your existing profile. Your information will be saved from the last time you applied.
Remember, you can check the status of your application any time by signing back into your profile.
The first stage of the online application process consists of a series of questions and assessments that help us to get to know you better.
This stage usually takes approximately one hour to complete. We recommend you set aside this time in a quiet location with headphones. While the application process is mobile enabled, it is recommended to use your laptop or desktop to optimize the experience.
Depending on the role and the location you’re applying for, the application process will vary slightly, but here are some of the steps you can expect:
- Profile creation
- Contact information and general questions
- CV/resume upload (optional)
- Screening questions
- Work style assessment
- Interactive virtual customer service job simulation
- Technical assessment for tech positions
If you're looking for a Customer Service Associate role in India, please note the application process varies slightly and you should begin your job search here.
About the assessments
Amazon uses online assessments as one way to help us get to know you better, and we design them to measure key characteristics required for success in a role. Assessments also allow us to assess our applicants consistently and equitably, as every individual is provided with the same experience and information needed to complete the assessment.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation, please let us know.
Work Style Assessment
This assessment is focused on Amazon’s peculiar culture and Leadership Principles, and typically takes 10-25 minutes to complete. In this assessment, we ask you to choose the extent to which a statement represents your work style. For instance, we may ask you which of the two statements "I like for things to be clearly structured,” or “I look forward to the opportunity to learn new things," best describes you. Try not to overthink them or spend too much time on any one question. We want to get to know the authentic you, as there are many types of successful people at Amazon.
Customer Service Job Simulation
This assessment asks you to complete virtual tasks related to the position and typically takes 20 minutes - 1 hour to complete. This involves making decisions based on our Leadership Principles, completing activities critical to success at Amazon, and demonstrating problem-solving, prioritization, and interpersonal abilities.
Online application checklist
Ready to kick off your application? Here are a few top tips and requirements to take note of before you get started!
- During your assessment, be in a quiet and comfortable place with no distractions.
- We recommend using laptop/desktop and headphones for your application. If you don’t have headphones to hand, make sure you have functional speakers.
- Make sure to carefully read the instructions on every part of the application.
- Never close a window with the “X” red button on the top right corner or you’ll have to start over. You will never have to close a window unless you are instructed to do so.
- An electronic signature is required to complete your application. This involves simply entering your full legal name and clicking ‘Submit’. Don’t forget this step or your application will remain ‘Pending’.
- You will not need to repeat the assessment section of the application process if you have taken it in the last three months.
If your application is successful, our recruiters will reach out to you via email to update you on next steps.
Our recruiters have contacted you to let you know you’ve passed stage one of your application - congratulations! Now what comes next?
The next stage of our application process differs from region to region, but here are some of the steps our recruiters may invite you take:
- Language assessment - a written or oral test to assess your language skills and your proficiency in writing skills
- Virtual recruitment session - this is an opportunity to learn more about the role and ask any questions you might have. In some regions this session is mandatory to proceed with your application
- Phone screen - In certain countries our recruiters will conduct a phone screen. This is a brief, informal conversation to determine if you are a good fit for the role. This is also a great opportunity for you to learn more about the role and what to expect
- Internet speed test - If you are applying for a virtual customer service role, our recruiters may conduct a speed test to ensure you meet the technical requirements for the role
Top tips from Amazon’s Customer Service recruiters
“Amazon’s mission is to be ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’ and our Customer Service team sits at the heart of this mission. We want to see this kind of customer focus shine through in your application.”
- Kim S., Customer Service Recruitment Specialist
“Make sure you read the job description carefully so that you have a good understanding of role you’re applying for. It will save you time in the long run!”
- Jen B., Customer Service Recruiting Lead
“Take as much time as you can to go through the online application carefully. Find a quiet space, be mindful of the details, and simply be yourself.”
- Maha A., Customer Service Recruitment Specialist