About Santa Barbara
The American Riviera
Nestled on the central coast of California between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara welcomes 280+ days of sunshine a year in its lively seaside community.
Santa Barbara is home to the Alexa Knowledge team. If you’ve ever asked Alexa, “What’s the score of the Seahawks game?” or “Who was the sixteenth president?” then the Alexa Knowledge team delivered the answer.
Our team is part of Alexa AI Knowledge, whose mission is to make Alexa smarter on fact-based Q&A. We deliver essential, unbiased facts for customers looking for voting information, air quality stats, homework assistance during remote learning, and more.
By leveraging a robust understanding engine and one of the largest knowledge graphs in the world, our cross-functional team of software engineers and content creators continuously invent new Alexa experiences to delight customers.
Our team—formerly known as Graphiq—was founded in 2009, and acquired by Amazon in May 2017.
Team members enjoy many perks, including:
• Semiannual Hackathons and Monthly Demos
• Lunchtime CrossFit, yoga, soccer, and basketball
• Cold Brew and Kombucha on tap
Now located in the heart of downtown, Santa Barbara Amazonians can easily walk from the office to numerous restaurants and historic theaters, yoga and Pilates studios, bars, tasting rooms and breweries. When surf’s up at lunch, team members borrow the office surfboards and bike, walk, scooter or drive 1 mile to the breakwater. Meet some of our team here.
Amazon Santa Barbara is deeply committed to community service and support. As a local leader in the business community, one of our largest interest groups is “Graphiq for Good” enacting our motto “Goodness delivered.” Every month there is a new way our team partners with the community.
Here are just a few recent ways we have supported:
• Employee Beach and Trail Cleanups
• Donated Fire Tablets to local family homeless shelter for children’s entertainment and remote learning.
• Sponsored historic Lobero Theater Foundation’s 2020-21 season including first-ever virtual concert series.
• Matching-gift employee fundraisers for Black Lives Matter, Domestic Violence Solutions, United Way Santa Barbara.
• Women’s Economic Ventures small business development loan sponsorship for COVID relief efforts.
• Office charity drive for Teddy Bear Children’s Cancer Foundation.
• End Hunger Games 2020, supporting Food Bank Santa Barbara County
We also partner with local companies through our Santa Barbara Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Roundtable and continue university investments through annual partnerships with University of California Santa Barbara.
Ready to come build the future with us in sunny Santa Barbara? Check out opportunities below.